Our personal lines insurance products are designed to ensure that you are never left out of pocket when some of life’s unfortunate eventualities hit. We ensure that you are covered at home, on the road and wherever else you may be. We are mindful of the fact that you are unique, which is why we will always treat you as an individual. Whatever your needs or circumstances may be, we craft our insurance solutions according to your personal requirements.
These are some of the insurance solutions that you can access through Mmela Financial Services:
On the road
Mmela’s Household Insurance cover includes:
- Loss, damage or theft of household goods and personal possessions such as furniture and clothing.
- Theft of washing and/or garden furniture.
Our Building Insurance cover includes:
- Damage to buildings, fixtures and fittings such as geysers, windows, pool pumps, sanitaryware, satellite dishes, etc.
What are you covered against?
- Loss or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, malicious damage, storms, bursting or over-flowing of geysers, equipment or pipes.
- Covers you against fraudulent use of credit cards, wrongful arrest, accidental death, bodily injury and loss or damage to property.
On the road
- Mmela’s Personal Belongings policy offers you comprehensive cover against all unspecified and specified personal items such as cameras, cellphones, laptops, jewellery, bicycles, wheelchairs and even stamp or coin collections worldwide.
Vehicle Insurance Cover
- Comprehensive Cover
Comprehensive cover allows you to claim for any accidental damage to your vehicle, or if it is stolen. Others may also claim for damages caused to their property.
- Third-Party, Fire and Theft
Unlike comprehensive insurance cover, Third Party, Fire and Theft Cover only pays out for the theft of or fire damage to your vehicle and is better suited to lower-value or older vehicles. It also gives you protection against third party claims, thus giving you peace of mind while you are driving amongst newer or more valuable cars.
- Third-Party Only
This cover is best suited to vehicles that are fully paid for and have a lower value. It only allows other parties to claim for the damage caused to their property.
This is a 24 hour accidental bodily injury policy, which pays out a lumpsum benefit for death or disability following an accident.
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Any injuries incurred as a result of a hi-jacking or assault
- Injuries incurred as a result of accidents, such as falling off a ladder, etc.
- Snake or spider bites which result in the loss of a portion of your body
- Non-professional sporting injuries
- Provides an immediate cash benefit to meet the costs of the funeral following death in the family.
- You will receive compensation following injury, disability, death or loss of personal belongings whilst travelling. Benefits include: daily cash payment whilst you are hospitalised and funeral expenses.